Life according to Melissa
1. If you want to point out the splinter in my eye, be careful with that 2x4 sticking out of your own. Wouldn't want to see you run into something blinded by that.
2. If you don't like my blog, don't read it. I'm a writer and chances are good that I will always be. And my book can always use more chapters of the weird and crazy.
3. Just because someone thinks you are selfish, spoiled and an attention craver doesn't make it accurate. I may think you're crazy but that would only be my opinion, of course.
4. If God is working in me, I'm pretty sure He'll be faithful to convict me of things I need to address. Forgive me if I seek that over the rantings of someone who doesn't know me.
5. I'm allowed to talk about Fletcher and Tucker. I'm allowed to be proud of them, I'm allowed to be sad sometimes. I don't criticize the pictures of all the cute stories and pics of your kids, I'd ask the same courtesy from others regarding my boys.
6. It's easier to blame others for things you are unwilling to face in yourself. If you're lazy in your own life, don't hate on the ones doing the work and living a full life they have found happiness in.
7. If you have screwed up, apologize. If your apology isn't accepted, that's not your burden to carry.
8. Adding "just kidding" to the end of something mean doesn't make it a joke. It makes you a jerk who needs new material.
9. If you are uncomfortable in your own life, change yours. Don't throw eggs at people making efforts to better themselves.
10. If you make a commitment, commit. Being a quitter doesn't look good on anyone. And don't lie. Lies are gross. Even the lies of omission. That's the lazy persons lie.
11. God can use the worst of things to reveal the best of things. Let Him, it's worth it.
12. No one has the right to steal your joy or your smile. That can only be done if you let them. Don't let them.
13. If you try to convince someone they are crazy and sad and an awful person, chances are good you should be talking to a mirror.
"And if the Son has set us free ,Then we must be free indeed
Let the chains, fall away, starting today, Everything has changed,
I'm finally free"
I'm proud of who God is continuing to mold me into. I'm thankful for the great people in my life and I'm completely amped up that my CATS are headed to the Final Four.
I'm thankful that I asked God to take the burdens, the chains, the things that were holding me down and back, off. I'm finally free. I'm praying for the things that are on my heart, I'm trusting that God is working in my life, and I'm committed to stop listening to the noise of those who don't know what they are talking about.
Can't wait to see what God does with a willing heart who wants only to be where God wants me to be. This world may want to take my smile and my joy, but I'm proud of both and I'm keeping them, k, thanks!