Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Snakes, mayo and right thoughts

Had a nice conversation with a homeowner about 2 of my favorite things.  Snakes and mayonnaise.  Not sure which scares me more.  I guess he took the look of fear in my eyes, me gagging and sweating as encouragement to continue with his horror stories.  And that was from him talking about mayo.  Then he started in on snakes.  I don't need a 15 minute story about taste testing different types of mayo (I'm seriously gagging typing this) or how many ways a pygmy rattler can disguise itself. 

Coasting along right now with everything.  Tomorrow we have the 2nd consult with Dr B's office to get some questions answered that weren't answered before.  Looks like the door has opened for us to be able to fund this expensive dream and tomorrow we will more than likely be on the way to having a start date to making babies.  Yikes!  Exciting and kinda terrifying.  The time spent off the emotional hormonal roller coaster has been nice but we are ready to strap in and face this head on.  God is still sending me dreams of our babies so I know this will happen.  I cannot wait for this to happen.

Some other things I'm ready to have happen.  I'm real past ready for people I love to not be hurt by other people anymore.   PSA-Treat people better.  Seriously, how many times a girl gotta blog about this?  This blog has made it's way into the hands of many, apparently some people aren't reading it for what it's worth, they are reading it to find something to hold against me or just out of nosiness.  Ok, no problem, but this is now a requirement.  If you read this, do something nice for someone.  Do something unexpected for another. 

"Be kinder than necessary, you never know what battles others are facing."

I recently came into contact with someone who was quite standoffish and kinda rude.  I was trying to be helpful and was aggravated that she wasn't responding with kindness.  I helped her and she opened up to me a little and we built some repoire.  A few weeks later I find out that lady, the mother of very small children I was talking to had lost her husband to cancer a month earlier.  BE KIND PEOPLE!  You never know what others are facing. 

I'm reading a book.  The 4:8 Principle.  It kinda goes along with Max Lucado's book "Facing Your Giants."  It's based on Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things."  I am facing some giants right now.  And whatever you focus on becomes your giant.  (I'm mixing books here, that's what happens when you have ADD and read multiple books at a time.)  I'm facing anger at certain people that are hurting people I love.  I'm facing unknown with the IVF and wanting a baby so desperately.  I'm facing fear that certain people will never come around and will continue to hurt and do so much damage to those I love.  I'm facing being overwhelmed at everything going on right now. 

SO- This principle thing.  How can I be overwhelmed, sad, scared, mad or frustrated when I concentrate on what is noble.  What is lovely.  What is true.  This book isn't a fun read.  It's holding a mirror up to yourself and doing a gut check.  I have faith, why am I stressing?  I believe, why am I afraid?  I trust in God's plan, why am I trying to control things outside of my control?  Sigh.  Still learning..

So what have we learned?  I hate snakes and mayo equally.  I'm tired of stupid people hurting other people because they can't get over themselves enough to move on and I need to concentrate on what is pure, right, lovely and admiral.

Oh...And love your parents.  Be nice to them, thank them, treat them better.  They are the only set you get!  My set are pretty great. 

I'm blessed because I'm never too old to learn and relearn and learn again the lessons God is putting in front of me. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment