Thursday, September 6, 2012

Pregnant and TMI

I don't even know if it's hit me yet that I'm pregnant.  I have known all along that I was.  God has planted so many dreams in my heart that for the answer to be anything other than positive just wasn't possible.  I have the symptoms, moody being the most prevelant, I know it in my heart, I heard the nurse and doc confirm it, it's just still a little hard to believe.

Finally.

I can't put into words what I feel for everyone who has so faithfully stood in prayer with us for this miracle.  Overwhelmed for sure.  Humbled, inspired, so appreciative.  How great it is to be able to share with people an answer to the very prayer that they have prayed you to.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

So, that's the rainbows and butterflies.  Of which my mom has seen many the past few weeks.  When I asked ladies about their IVF journey I was told it wasn't too bad and it was worth it.  My answer is probably a little different but then I think, when the prize is a baby, the fight doesn't compare.  So I understand their answers weren't flippant, they were sincere.  It is worth it.

With that being said, I don't know that I've ever had such a hard 3 weeks.  I don't want this to overshadow the pure joy we feel but this has been an honest blog and will continue to be.  And I need my prayer warriors to continue to stand with us. 

I have something called OHSS.  Basically my ovaries are still VERY large and now that my body is making it's own hormones due to my pregnancy, it is really causing a lot of problems.  I gained 15 lbs after my egg retrieval.  All in my belly, it was hard to breathe, I couldnt go to the bathroom, blah blah.  Then it subsided and I felt good.  Sunday at work I started cramping and as the night went on the worse I felt.  Monday I was miserable and bloated, sick to my stomach and faint.  Tuesday I tried to go to work and lasted an hour.  Called the dr and they wanted to see me that day. I hyperstimulated.  My stomach is full of fluid and that's why I couldnt breathe.  The good news was this happens when you are pregnant so we had a good feeling that the blood test they did would give us positive results.  Dr suggested "tapping" me on Fri to drain some of that fluid.  He also told me not to drink water as it leaks out of my blood into my stomach, to drink only half a gallon of gatorade.  Jason's ears perked up when he told me to eat a diet high in salt.  Chips, fries, Mexican, BBQ, chicken, Pizza... The salt in the food would absorb the extra water.  Sounds good huh?  Except I was now up 13 lbs in 3 days and absolutely miserable.  They decided to drain me this morning. 

Those who have a queezy stomach, I'd suggest you exit now.

I'm laying on the same table they did my retrieval and transfer on only this time the Dr pulls out a needle that is 2' long.  That't not inches.  And it's not the width or guage or whatever of the needles I've been shooting myself with the past month.  This is huge.  He inserts it where things shouldnt be inserted and tells me to cough and when I cough, which feels like I'm being gutted because I'm so bloated, he inserts that needle.  WORST. PAIN. EVER!  Swear to you it feels worse than it sounds.  He drained 9 bottles and thought he was done and pulls out the needle.  I'm screaming on the table at this point and cant stop sobbing.  Then he sees more fluid in another location so stabs me again and it was worse than the first time.  All together they got 11 bottles of fluid out of me.  That equalled a 7lb weight loss if anyone cares.  I went from looking 5 months pregnant to 3.  Unfortunately the stomach will fill back up and I will probably have to go through this again next Wed.  But my God is big enough to get rid of this OHSS. 

It's early to be sharing pregnancy news, I know.  But with all that we have been through and will this now, I felt it important to share so that those who feel lead can continue to lift us up in prayer.  We find out in 2 weeks how many babies we have.  Dr seems to think 1.  I am feeling like there are twins but regardless, the miracle growing inside me will be more than enough.

I am so blessed because for whatever reason God has placed me on this journey, He has paved the side lines with the most amazing prayer friends I could have ever hoped for.  Where 2 or more are gathered, the more people to celebrate the amazing answer to prayer that is me being pregnant with my handsome husband's baby.  And everything else will fall back as only a small part of my baby story when we are holding our answers to so many prayers this spring.

xoxo Momma Neu :)

No comments:

Post a Comment