Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Nosy and rude, kick rocks!

Ever feel like you can't win for losing?

You post too much on facebook.

You haven't posted much lately, you feeling ok?

I can't believe you are sharing so many details of your life?

Why aren't you telling more, why you being evasive?

Blah blah blah!

I would like to say that people's comments don't bother me, but I'd be lying.  Everything bothers me right now.  Everything.  Seriously.  Everything!

The thing I appreciate about my blog and social media is the feedback I get.  I never hit "publish" without praying that my words will be heard as intended.  I never write a post that I don't pray over it.  I have never published a blog post that I havent gotten dozens of emails, texts, or comments thanking me for being candid, open, honest.

Life is hard.  For everyone it seems.  Everyone is facing something.  That is why I find it so strange that people judge me.  I know you may not understand my grief, my struggle, my journey, but for the love, stop judging.  I don't know about abusive parents, death of a parent, having to put a dog down, yada yada yada but I don't judge because you cry too long or haven't moved on in a time I'm deemed appropriate if you are facing those things. 

That's the thing about grief.  It's personal.  If it's not you who are grieving but watching someone else grieve, you've got 2 options.  Stop watching if you can't handle it or love them through it.  I can promise, if you try to get them through it on your time table because you are uncomfortable with their grief or you just don't understand, then by all means, leave them be.  The last thing they need is someone who has never been through what they are going through telling them how THEY would get through it.

The nice thing about social media is it's elective.  Choose to follow me on instagram if you want but don't gripe because I post too many pics.  Be my friend on facebook, but you should know by now, it's not all rainbows and butterflies.  And uh, it's my facebook.  I can talk about whatever I want.  If you don't want to see what I post, if I post too much for your liking, or if you are confused by what I post, find the little unfriend button and use it.  Won't hurt my feelings.  Last but not least.  If you don't like my blog, it's simple.  Don't read it.

I've tried pleasing everyone.  It doesn't work.  I've tried making other's comfortable in my grief and that just makes me angry when they judge me.  I've tried to make amends, I've tried to bite my tongue, I've tried to not ruffle any feathers and know what?  It doesn't matter. 

People either support you or they don't.  They either like it or they don't. They will complain about it but won't stop reading bc they are too nosy to not be in the know. 

It's time I start taking care of myself. My family and I appreciate your love, your prayers, your encouragement. I even appreciate your constructive criticism. 

For everyone else, delete me. Then kick rocks!  

And I mean that as lovingly as possible!  

Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment