Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A new addition, healing phone calls and things we didn't know we needed.

I make quick decisions. As evidenced by the dog sitting on my lap. Yesterday Jason and I were both off and we were sitting at lunch and I said, let's get a dog. The kids, all 4 of them, have been wanting a dog for as long as I've known them. I've never been much of a dog person but being home in KY and seeing Coach reminded me of how much love they give. Coach saw me through my darkest days. Our new lil pup will be with me through the best.

We drove to GA to meet the dog breeder and on the way we talked about responsibility. Conversation was pretty much how it was going to be Jason's dog and his responsbility. I told him if we decided to get it Jason could ride back with the dog on his lap and I would drive. I sat on the sidewalk and the dog was in my lap and that's all she wrote. He rode home on my lap as Jason drove.

Jason and I have something to love together. That is our own. It's a special feeling and we are loving it. Jason wanted this dog. I didn't know I did and now I can't imagine his clumsy, holy terror self not being here to play with and love.

God anwers prayers every day. Today it was a much needed, over do phone call for someone I love. Took a scary moment for the phone call to happen and I'm believing it's a start to healing.

Jason wanted to get me an Iphone for my bday the first year we were together. I told him quite adamently that I was a blackberry girl and I didn't want or need an Iphone. I have been addicted ever since that shiny phone was placed in my hand. Much like how I've loved Jason since I met him. Much like this lil dog asleep on my lap.

God gives us what we need when we need it. Not necessarily what we want. Or what we think we need.

Sure I could have gotten along fine with my blackberry. But what a new world the Iphone has opened up to me. I could have still been out there dating the wrong guys blogging about heartache but God gave me Jason. And I could have kept saying I'm not a dog person and don't understand animal lovers but look at what I'd have missed out on.

Adding a puppy to the chaos of our lives is something I welcome with open arms. The accidents he has in the house we forgive. The shoes he ever chews of mine Jason will hopefully hide from me. The kids are so excited to meet him they can't stand it.

God gives us what we need. When we need it. Brand Spanking Neu is the latest example. I'm so excited to see what else God shows me. Excitedly waiting in His time.

Blessed because my God cares enough to give us the perfect pup for our family. How much more does He care about the bigger things in life? I'm seeing everyday because we are looking. Change your perspective, change your life. It's happening to us. I pray the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment