Tuesday, October 6, 2009

One phone call from our knees....

Soo....I'm going to attempt not to make this an over analytical blog, but, who are we kidding. I'm writing it. I always process things better on paper and in an attempt to "go green" I'm going paperless. This is my new journal. Welcome to my thoughts, please don't judge.

I heard a song that says "I guess we're all one phone call from our knees" and it made me think. Kind of a lot. We've all had that call, maybe quite a few of them. I've had that call(s). That brought me to my knees. But the more I thought about it the more it made me think.

The name of the song with that line is "Closer to Love." Did the phone call pull me closer to love? Did I let it? Am I allowing myself to stay in the mindset of I'm just... One phone call from my knees, one interview from a job, one date from Mr Right, one workout from wanting to do it everyday, one bad decision from changing, one good decision from changing, one baby from feeling less empty, one baby from feeling closer to some friends I've drifted from, one "something" from being happy?....

Bad things happen to good people. Good things happen to good people. I've been pulled to my knees from devastating news. I'm better when I'm already on my knees when the phone call comes....thanking God, praising Him and seeking His will. Because then, no matter what the circumstance, I'm already being pulled "Closer to Love." And that's never a bad place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment