Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Where are you Christmas?

Christmas is in a few days.

A lot of people I know are celebrating this year new births, prosperity, health...I'm celebrating their good fortune with them.

A lot of people I know are wondering how to get through this Christmas. One of my very best friends is going through her first Christmas without her baby. It's not at all what her and her family ever imagined would be something they would have to endure. I pray that God gives the Murphy family an extra dose of peace this season. A friend of my mom's is spending this Christmas with the news that her cancer isn't what they thought and she's planning her life with PET scans, chemo and dr's appts. I pray that this Christmas God gives her and her sister a very special year of memories and laughter and healing. A dear, dear friend of mine got the news today that his soon to be 9 year old grandson Bryce has bone cancer. He and his family are facing decisions of chemo, radiation, surgery....my prayer for the Williams family is that God touches Bryce and heals this little boys body and brings comfort and rest to his family. Friends who are facing the first Christmas without a spouse, child, mother, son are getting my prayers of peace and assurance and comfort. That God hasn't forgotten them and as lonely as they feel that somehow they feel loved even stronger.

So many more I could list but I wont, God knows the needs and He's hearing the prayers of so many hurting people. My intention isn't meant to be a downer, it's just meant to be a reminder of what this season can be about. Be extra kind to people, smile at the frowning man, say Merry Christmas to the stranger who looks like they are carrying the weight of the world on their shoulders. Truth is, they probably are. And a kind word and smile may give them just what they need this Christmas to feel loved and cared for.

The New traditions, old traditions, laughter, tears, sadness, excitement, thankfulness, healing....

Christmas is here. Everywhere. If there is love in your heart and your mind, you will feel like Christmas all the time. I feel you Christmas I know I found you, you never fade away. The joy of Christmas stays here inside us, feels each and every heart with love.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. May God's blessings touch you all ina very special way!

No comments:

Post a Comment