Monday, April 26, 2010

3 strike rule

My life doesn't totally suck. Have to keep reminding myself of that.

Spent the entire day Sat on my friend's dads 46' boat. With good friends. On a beautiful day. Cruising to St Aug, hanging out at a tiki bar, then cruising back.

My parents continue to amaze me in their love and support. They may be ready to kick me to the curb and clip my strings but they never make me feel like anything less than loved, welcomed, special and encouraged.

My extended family. They're supportive, encouraging, prayful....I can talk to them. I have been especially blessed with the family I have.

My friends keep me sane. There's been more than a few people that have judged me, hurt me, made me cry more times than I should have allowed. I'm thankful for the people I have in my life who listen, offer criticism when needed, tough love when I don't always want it, a shoulder to lean on, a friend to laugh with, share stories with, to tell me that I'm too pretty to cry over guys even when I know it's not true. I have enough good people, not going to let the other's take space. Im forgiving, it's my nature to forgive more times than I should. That a lot of times keeps people in my life who I need to let go. I'm going to start letting the mean people go. 3 strikes!

Have a lunch date tomorrow. After a crazy week last week with a guy much too hot to be taken seriously, I'm going out with someone who I know from way back when who is a genuinely nice person. For sushi. Yum! Dinner with another friend tomorrow night then Wed I'm going to Whit's, miss her and the kids! Fri is a friend's bday and Sat is Derby Day! Busy busy. And in between becoming tanorexic. But with sunscreen, of course!

Losing weight, finding jobs, finding myself, loving my friends and family. Getting back to the basics of life. Feels good!

Growing up. Continually changing, learning, seeking and praying for guidance to be the best person I can. I fail. More times than not sometimes. The people I choose to surround myself with are the ones who don't judge when I fall but help me get back up. It's taken me awhile to get there but I am...

Be nice people. It's amazing how much easier it is than being mean! And how much better it feels to make someone smile than cry!

Blessed, happy and tan! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment