Thursday, March 25, 2010

I have a job. Kind of...

So I got verbal conformation this evening that I got the job. We discussed money earlier in the week and he's going to have a start date early next week. Was kind of a little anti-climatic. There was no big fireworks, banner, balloons of an announcement, it was a "You're who we've decided to hire for this position is the good news," then other talk about the position and why the start date is still tbd. I'm excited. So proud of myself! He talked tonight openly about how hard he'd been on me and pushed me and tried to break me (hahahaha, no idea who he's dealing with.) I fought tooth and nail to secure this job. The cynic in me won't let me celebrate completely until the paperwork is signed, sealed and delivered. I'm considering this my job engagement, the job wedding comes when it's legal. Praying for a start date of no later than April 5. This girl is ready to work!! And I have my first day of work shoes picked out!! Of course!

So....big sigh of relief. I did it. I got a really great job, making really great money, doing something that will be a really great fit for me. He didn't make it easy on me. I definitely proved, if to no one other than myself, that I'm still as tenacious and persistant (probably more so actually) than I ever was. I've still got it. Feels really, really good!

"When you take that first step, into the unknown you know that He won't let you go. So what are you waiting for, what do you have to lose, your insecurities they try to alter you. But you know you're made for more, so don't be afraid to move, your faith is all it takes and you can walk on the water too."

Amen! Blessed, excited and ready.

AND UK plays tonight to make it to the Elite 8. Have some bets, bragging rights and just overall excitement riding on this game. GO BIG BLUE!

No comments:

Post a Comment