Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm special...short bus special!

Tonight I had an "eventerview"at a plastic surgeon place for office manager/sales director. I was thrown into the pit and worked the registration table making name tags. A girl 10 years younger than me hands me two markers and says "dont get them on your skin." I was like, ok mom, thanks. I got 3 purple dots on my hands. I soon realize during the plastic surgeons presentation that the markers are the ones they use to mark up your skin prior to surgery. I'm special!

Fun day though. Got dressed up, went and wined and dined with some old biddies and had some fun learning about all things spa and plastic surgery related. Then spent some time with my girlfriends. All in all, good day. Aside from the part where I got stuck in the parking garage and couldnt find my way out. Every turn I made took me to floor 2, then 3, then 2, then 3. Was *this close* to freaking out.

Have an interview next week for a builder. Ideally the spa thing will work out because it combines all my passions. Sales, bossing people around, and beauty stuff. However, beggers can't be choosers and I'll be happy with whatever direction my life takes as long as it stops at "Employed!"

I'm in a good place. My medical thing seems to be in check for the time being which means my mental health is allowing me to be around the general population and I feel good.

I realize every day how blessed I am. I can't say enough how lucky I am to have the parents I do. They love, trust and encourage me more than I deserve. My friends constantly sing their praises and tell me how blessed I am. I don't need the reminder but maybe they do...

Mom, Dad, you all are amazing friends to the people you know and work with, to your family, to strangers. I've never met 2 more Godly, loving people than you...I'm blessed and fortunate. I hope I make you proud, even though I have more blonde moments than not.

My life's headed in the right direction. I know it is. I have a peace that passes all understanding because nothing has changed really except for how I'm seeing things, perceiving things and receiving things...

Life is what you make of it. I'm trying to make it good, worthwhile and a blessing to others I meet...if that includes some hot men along the way and a job offer or two, I'll count myself doubly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment